Location: Ocean Springs, MS & Nashville, TN
Pay Rate: Salaries start at $16.00 – $18.00 per hour and 36,000-$43,000 per year. Salary negotiable and based on experience.
We are looking for a long term, permanent person to fill this position.
JOB DESCRIPTION / SPECIFIC DUTIES
- Applicant will have the opportunity to work in various urban & rural areas throughout the Southeastern U.S., while driving and operating a Roadside Spray Truck. He or She will use the equipment to perform herbicide applications to county and state roadside right-of-ways to control unwanted vegetation. The applicant will be expected to work independently for extended periods of time and be required to represent the company in a professional manner.
- Travel is required for position. Applicant can expect to travel most work weeks. During busy times trips lasting 7-10 days are common. Travel will fluctuate depending on the season and
- Work weeks will exceed 50 hours depending on season and workload.
- Main duties will include operating various sized commercial trucks equipped with 1,000 gallon tanks and computerized spray apparatus to perform herbicide applications to county and state road right-of-ways throughout the Southeastern United States.
- Plan most efficient daily routes to maximize production.
- Perform daily inspections of equipment to insure proper working condition and calibration.
- Properly measure, mix, and apply herbicides to ensure desired application results.
- Maintain awareness of hazards to ensure public and personal safety.
- Maintain accurate records which include but are not limited to: daily application reports, daily driver logs, weekly time logs, and equipment check lists.
GOOD CANIDATES WILL HAVE:
- Valid driver’s license (CDL not required but preferred) & good driving record.
- Previous commercial driving experience preferred but not required.
- Herbicide experience not necessary if eager to learn with demonstrated competency.
- Drug Free, which includes pre-employment and random screenings.
- Applicant will be required to study and pass pesticide applicator tests in all states he or she will
- Experience with GPS/GIS
- Possess the skills required to perform calibration, programming, and operation of computerized
- Good communication skills; good physical condition; ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Work an irregular schedule and unpredicted schedule changes.
- Competency is a must. Identify and solve problems in the most efficient manner.
- Resolve complex issues independently. Experiment to find creative solutions.
- Applicant should live within one hour of Ocean Springs or be willing to relocate for position.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Job involves the use of chemicals on a daily basis. Position requires extensive chemical applications and the need to mix chemicals, and rinse and clean application devices.
- Work is conducted in outdoor industrial or natural settings where extreme temperatures and high humidity can present extreme work conditions.
- Applicant will be directly involved in physical aspects of the appointed project.
- Required to oversee project development and completion.
- Required to document daily activities and report to supervisor.
Following these instructions is part of the job interview process.
- 1. Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2. Include accurate & verifiable past work experience
- 3. Include cover letter and salary history.
- 4. In cover letter point out specific traits or points that make you qualified
- 5. List any specific training or credentials you possess (CDL, OSHA, Pesticide Licenses, etc.)